Monday 25 March 2013

Bill Poss Dispatches

I have been touring for most of the last 17 years, one way or the other. Four years ago, The Ginn Sisters joined the Fred Eaglesmith Band and my touring reached a new level. I have lived in an RV since then, with my wife Tif Ginn, my son Blue and for much of that time with Tif's sister Brit Ginn and her dogs Sola and Flora, respectively. We have had a lot of fun and a lot of adventures and we have seen more of the North American continent in that time than most Americans or Canadians will ever see.
Toward the end of 2012, I decided I would write a book detailing some of our adventures. It was originally meant to be a sort of yearbook, but it developed into more of a memoir. I called it the Bill Poss Travelogue: Dispatches from the Fred Eaglesmith Traveling Steam Show. I wrote most of the essays in the book but there are also contributions from Tif Ginn, Robbie Fulks and Cal Orok.
It was great fun and a lot of work. I hope you will check it out on my web-site: www.billpossmusic.com
I'll be blogging from time to time and this where you can find it. I hope to contribute at least once a week, but no promises. I mean to talk about our travels, gigs, life on the road, life in general, probably not much about politics, but no promises. I hope you will subscribe and keep me up-to-date with any feedback.
Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment